Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Yes, this is what you think it is

Hey, it's only January 8. I didn't even put the tree UP until the 22nd!

In my defense, the lights have been off since Jan 2. I just haven't quite gotten around to taking it down yet. My goal is to at least get the ornaments packed away tomorrow, so this was my last chance at getting a Christmas picture.

I remember asking one of my photography instructors why I should bother with the manual setting when the camera will expose it properly on its own. Tonight I think I finally understand why he looked at me like I was crazy.

This picture, when "properly exposed" was basically a black rectangle with itty bitty white lights here and there. This over-exposed shot is much more pleasant, at least to me.

Maybe by this time next year I'll even photoshop out the distracting elements! :)

No comments: